• "Atlas of geodynamic maps and maps of Transbaikalia Earth's crust deep structure' have been developed at the Institute and spread for wide use (scale 1:1000000), as well as "Prediction of zeolite-bearing in Buryatia" (scale 1:500 000). The Atlas (16 maps on 32 sheets) is fundamental summary of data on surficial and deep structure of Transbaikalia. Based on the Atlas, the terrane analysis of Transbaikalian orogenic belts has been carried out. Small-scale map of Transbaikalian terranes along with short explanatory note has been published by the USA Geological Service.
The methods of search for ore deposits, recommendations on directions of prospecting in West Transbaikalia, East Sayan and North Prebaikalia that have been developed at the Institute are used by productional geological organizations.
Based on the geodynamic map, the prediction map has been developed. In West Transbaikalia and East Sayan, three main ore-bearing districts have been distinguished. Au-PGE mineralization is associated with island arc and oceanic terranes. The main stages and settings of gold mineralization formation in southern rim of the Siberian Platform were determined. The perspective estimate of precious metal mineralization non-traditional types in ophiolites of East Sayan belt has been given.
• Large generalizations related to geological structure and paleogeodynamic reconstructions of baikalides, caledonides and hercynides of South Siberian Platform fold rim (craton) have been made. The oceanic, ophiolite, island arc and continental volcano-plutonic belts have been established, their geochemical and ore specialization revealed. Various volcanic formations and zeolite-bearing complexes in the area of Transbaikalia and Mongolia have been studied.
|Fig. Geodynamic map of Transbaikalia and East Sayan (By Bulgatov, Gordienko, 2003 )|
• In the ore-geochemical direction, quite new results based on use of new techniques developed at the Institute have been obtained. By the data of systematic study of melt and fluid inclusions in minerals and rocks obtained with use of original method of laser-spectral analysis that enables to strip inclusions and analyze composition of mineral-forming media preserved in them, the concentration range of a number of elements in paleohydrothems formed the deposit has been defined.
• For the first time, many problems of gold geochemistry and formation were solved, geological-genetic, experimental and numerical models of gold, tungsten, molybdenum, lead, zinc, fluorite, aluminum and other deposit formation developed based on original method of radioisotope indicators.
• In the Ozeorninsky ore knot, the type of mineralization being new for Transbaikalia has been determined and studied, i.e. gold-brannerite one that due to findings in placer as nuggets is presented by the unique association of large gold extracts (purity 850-990) and those of brannerite differed by low contents of thorium and rare earths.
Ecological expertise and public discussions of projects concerning development of Kholodninskoe, Ozeornoe, Ermakovka and other deposits took place. Original methods of complex engineering-geological zoning was used in developing the general plans of TR OEZ "Baikal harbour", Mogoitui, Gusinoozeorsk, Petropavlovka and other settlements.
• A cycle of works on theoretical and experimental studies of mantle matter role in formation of granitoid magmas and associated mineralization was realized. Total succession of Hercynian post-collisional magmatism of central part of West Transbaikalian magmatic aureole was made more precise, spatial-temporary combining the granitoid associations of various types was established.
• Tectono-geodynamic prerequisites of oil and gas accumulation formation in Transbaikalian intermountain depressions and water area of Lake Baikal have been found.
Location scheme of perspective areas in Transbaikalia recommended for oil and gas prospecting in the first turn.
1 - occurrences, oil discoveries in deposits of depressions and Baikal water area; 2 - bitumoid largest occurrences of oil row in deposits of depressions. Numbers in circles: 1 - Khailarsky NGB, 2 - Argunsky NGR, 3 - Borzin-Torei NGR, 4 - Angara-Vitim NGR, 5 - Chara depression.
• The fracture-fluid model of mantle plume formation due to inflow of fluids from border of core has been developed based on experimental modeling.
A - initial stage, formation of fluid lens at core degassing;
• The spatially distributed system of active and passive geophysical monitoring has been firstly developed in the world to observe changes in stress state and deformational process in activated parts of the Baikal Rift. The system includes unique equipment, i.e. powerful vibration source ЦВО-100, a net of digital seismic registrators, automated geomagnitic, atmo-hydrochemical stations, means of telemetry.
B - separation from fluid lens with its growth;
C - formation of fracture column with heating and decompaction of host environment and fluid flow under strength screen;
D - tart of melting in head of plume with heating, decompaction and decompression.
Fault-block structure and seismicity of the Selenga hearth zone in 2003-2007
As a result of many years detailed seismological observations with use of deciphering AKFS, morphostructural analysis of bottom relief and data of many channel seismoprofiling, "Scheme of the Selenga hearth zone active tectonics and seismicity that is necessary for detailed seismic zoning, interpretation of active (vibroseismic) and passive geophysical monitoring of changes in stressed state of the central Baikal Rift has been developed.
• Main factors that determine peculiarities of Baikal Rift nitric springs chemical composition have been established: 1) temperature gradient; 2) intensity of water exchange; 3) geochemical peculiarities of rocks. Effect of these factors is not of equal value in various parts of the Rift. Conditions of spring formation in the Barguzin Prebaikalia have been reconstructed based on micro- and macroelement, isotope compositions of water and solutes.
• With use of RTL dating, the age, genesis, rates of sedimentation and peculiarities of thick sedimentary stratas formation have been determined in blind creek intermountain depressions of the Baikal Rift Zone, boundaries of some natural events and their effect on Lake Baikal ecosystem reconstructed.
Based on combined paleontological-geological studies, the dynamics of natural environment and climates of Baikal region in Pliocene-Holocene has been traced, correlation of the Miocene-Pleistocene fauna in Baikal region with fauna of the same age in Eurasia and North America made.
• The data base (70 objects) formed during approbation of microdynamic modal technique is used to monitor seismostability of the XVII-XXI century building objects and substantiate projects of seismostrenthening. Vibrostand on platform of low frequency seismic source ЦВО-100 was used when testing more than 10 types of shelter facade systems.
• The stand to vibrationally test seismostability of small tonnage (to 30 ton) objects has been constructed.
• The technique of radon flow calculation on the Earth's surface has been developed.
• The method of radioisotope indicators has been developed to determine trace concentrations of microelements in natural and synthetic materials.
• The program complex MARSHELL being not worse than the best foreign and Russian ones of similar use by its characteristics has been developed for automated analysis on modernized electron probe microanalyzer МАР-3. The complex is adapted for microanalyzers МАР-4 and JCXA-733 (Superrob).
• The program of energy dispersion spectrum treatment for spectrometer INCAEnergy-350 that is significantly better than firm program supply has been developed. New variant of energy dispersion polarization X-ray spectrometer EDPRS-2 is being developed for panorama analysis of 50 elements, digital seismic registrator "Irkut". Similar apparatuses are not produced in Russia.
• The way of complex selenium-zeolite mineral fertilizer of prolonged action has been developed.